In the midst of two successful and promising careers, Lynne Atkins and Liz Clark took the final leap in bringing their travel dreams to fruition. It followed years of hoping and dreaming; dreaming of faraway places and exotic destinations. Within each of them was a longing for not only adventure, but for understanding, understanding of the nature of humankind, the expansion of civilization, of spiritual mysteries and their place in the world.
After a surge in the real estate market, they bravely sold their home. It felt like they had just won the lottery and they were determined to treat it as such! Excitedly, Lynne and Liz quit their jobs, sold their cars and household belongings and, with a spring in their steps, purchased two ‘Round the World’ tickets! It would be a grand undertaking that would last one year—which they spent a mere two days planning. They purchased backpacks, which were promptly filled with clothes and supplies to see them through diverse weather conditions and a multitude of situations. With all care (and no responsibility) these daring forty-somethings set off on the trip of a lifetime!
Where were they going? How would they get around? This all became part of the comedy and the adventure. With nothing but a rough outline of flights and a fleetingly glanced at guidebook, they would have to make up the rest as they went along.
When joining them on their adventurous journey, traveling through approximately fifty countries and all seven continents, the reader will:
- Lose themselves in a commentary filled with historical and hysterical information.
- Experience the panic as they are nearly kidnapped in Bolivia.
- Feel the exhilaration and exhaustion of climbing Machu Picchu.
- Ride along on an impressive Christmas Antarctic voyage.
- Experience the wonders of nature in the Galapagos and Ballestas Islands.
- Step through history into the ancient cultures of Rome and Egypt.
- Sense the trepidation of walking with lions on safari in Zimbabwe.
- Discover the mysteries of the Hill Tribes of the Golden Triangle.
This site is dedicated to sharing our adventures and photos. We hope you will join us for the ride.
Travel On! Join us as we travel into the unknown.
¸.•♥ In-ƤЄƛƇЄ ~ ԼƠƔЄ ~ ԼIƓHƮ & ԼƛUgHƮЄr ☮ ♥ ★ ツ *。.☆
OR sign up to hear about our Global Wanderings Book Release
To be kept up to date with travel destinations and when the book will be released just enter your details below:
Yes, I want to READ the Book!
Please let me know when it’s released
and any other travel adventures…